Tuesday 7 November 2017

November Previews Picks



A little later than usual as I have yet to send in my own order for the latest issue of Previews but here we go with a few picks from the hundreds of comic available from January 2018.

As you can see from the cover Plastic Man is back along with Metamorpho (one of my favourites from the sixties but on the downside they are teamed up with Mr Terrific who I last saw stranded in an alternative universe where Darkseid destroyed Earth Two. They are looking for Tom Strong apparently. Not sure about this one. May give it a try, depends on how much else I go for.

There's not much else new from DC this month but with The Doomsday clock and the build up to Action Comics 1,000th issue due later next year plenty to keep me entertained. Nothing grabs me from the other big publishers either, Marvel included. Just the second issue of Marvel 2-In-One with The Thing & The Human Torch continuing their search for Reed & Sue the two missing members of the Fantastic Four will end up in my subscription box in January.

So what do the smaller publishers have to offer?

STRANGERS IN PARADISE XXV #1

First up  is Abstract Studio's with a 12 issue mini-series returning to the long running Strangers in Paradise that established Terry Moore in the comics world. Francine & Katchoo are living the dream when a former Parker girl appears on the scene. Worth a go I think!

CHARLTON ARROW #3

The third issue of the new volume of The Charlton Arrow is also out this month. A joy for all Charlton fans and I urge you all to support this project. Great stuff!

MIGHTY CRUSADERS #2 CVR A SHANNON

The second issue of the relaunched Mighty Crusaders hits the stands from Archie/Dark Circle. I have high hopes for this one as a fan of the old MLJ/Archie adventure superheoes. There's also a collection of classic horror stories in Chilling Adventures in Sorcery in a 192 page black & white edition!

CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SORCERY TP

Then there' Battlestar Galactica vs.....

BSG VS BSG #1

We meet the last Cylon in a crossover by scribe Peter David. Ok I'm game for this one!

Last but far from least (and for some reason in the magazines section is the latest issue of The Creeps, the revival of Warren's horror tradition. Order your copy now! Buy, buy, buy! I'm a fan can you tell!

THE CREEPS #13

No comments:

Post a Comment