Saturday 21 December 2019

Look-In TV Comedy Annual 1976




I suppose its age that's making me nostalgic as I purchase yet another item from my teenage years. Look-In was the "Junior TV Times" which contained both comic strips and features on ITV programmes. In 1975 in addition to the usual Annual they also released this companion title highlighting the comedy of the day.

Benny Hill, Tommy Cooper, Frank Spencer, Les Dawson and Sid James were amongst my favourites of the time. Less so were Little & Large and Freddie Starr. There were also features on classic comedians Norman Wisdom (who was really huge in Albania) and Arthur Askey both sadly departed.

There were only a couple of actual strips which included Bless This House (currently being re-run on Forces TV) and Doctor on the Go both of which I used to enjoy.

There were two of these comedy annuals the other having been published in 1975.



Political correctness or is it "woke" now? Bollocks to all that!

Here's some seventies humour:


No comments:

Post a Comment