Sunday 15 November 2020

Doctor Who Annual, Calendar & Diary 2021

 
















One of the things that I always liked getting at Christmas were the Annuals, mostly comic one's (Wham! & Smash! were my favourites) but relatives used to give Blue Peter Books or even Doctor Who ones on occasion.  

Of course being an old git I've been watching the Doctor's adventures since 1963 and now no longer have relatives that give me annuals I have to buy them for myself not there are many to choose from. Even 2000AD gave up on them and does it's 100 page special instead. 

Doctor Who has been gone from strength to strength despite the moans of some hardcore fans. I have have some beefs with the scripts. Too much "wokeness" for me. I just want to be entertained not preached at about complex issues that have two sides to the argument that are far from resolved. I try not to let it spoil the story and remain not just a solid fan of the programme but of Jodie who I think plays a great Doctor. 

The latest Doctor Who Annual is very much a children's book as it should be going through the latest seasons programmes, characters and looks at at the Time Lord Victorious multi media story line. I'm not sure how many kids would be able to afford the numerous comics, magazines, books and CD's involved. At least the BBC animation is free on You Tube.

Still whether a child at 6 or 60 I'm sure it will make it's way into a few Christmas stockings!

Meanwhile there's the choice of calender's. I chose the multi Doctor one:
















And finally there's the Tardis Pocket Diary for less than a fiver! Couldn't resist!











No comments:

Post a Comment