Sunday 14 April 2019

Marvel Team-Up #1 (Marvel)



Marvel Team-Up (Marvel)

Eve L. Ewing (w) Joey Vazquez (a)

A week late but I finally got my copy of the first issue of Marvel Team-Up. I've never been a great fan of Spider-man and other than loving the first 36 issues by Lee & Ditko (which I have reprints of) I've only occasionally dipped into Spidey's world except for Team-Up.

One of the reasons I liked that title (and Marvel-Two-In-One) was that you got to see a lot of characters that didn't have their own titles. Two-In-One was the better of the two as I love Ben Grimm aka The Thing. I hoped this would at least recreate this wonderful comics from the seventies and eighties.

Problem for me was two-fold. I don't know what happened to Mary Jane or know how no-one knew Peter Parker wasn't Spider-Man from the Civil War which is probably the last time I read Spidey. I also knew next to nothing about this Ms Marvel either. Other than she's a (westernised) Muslim girl she seems to have the same powers as Elasti-Girl from the Doom Patrol. Maybe I'd better google her before reading the next issue.

Actually the only reason there will be  a couple of "next issues" is because I've already pre-ordered them. Frankly I don't think I would have bothered otherwise. This was a "Flip" issue so you could start at either end to reach the final scene. I thought this was naff. The art's not all that great but I'll stick with it and hope it gets better. The "ending" whilst  not original might have some amusing consequences.

Rating: No Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment