Sunday 7 April 2019

Previews Choices for April 2019.



Apologies to regular  readers for having been a bit tardy in posting over the last week. Even being retired doesn't mean I can always keep up with my reading and blogging.  I seem to have developed a wee bit of a backlog of comics and annuals that need a good read and review. I couldn't even do a new releases review this week as the only new title in my pull list was Marvel Team Up #1 and my copy was damaged and is being replaced by Diamond so hopefully next week.

One bit of advance news I can give you is that you really do need to pick up next 2000AD on Wednesday. Scarlet Traces is back and the Martians are coming having destroyed Earth's fleet! Subscribing is cheaper and you get your comics in advance!

Anyway what's worth ordering for June?

Beyond my budget but first up is...

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS HC BOX SET

If you have nearly £500 to spare and are an uber-DC fan boy (or girl) then this mega set of collected hardcover editions is the ultimate in boxed sets.  See the catalogue for contents but everything from the first meeting of the DC heroes of Earth One and Two to the first and most important universe changing story in comics history.

I remember thinking twice when still working to fork out for the Absolute Edition of the Crisis On Infinite Earths double slip-cased edition and that was "just" a mere £75 but the 12 issue maxi-series is my favourite comic book story of all time.

Not on my list for obvious financial reasons but only a handful of continuing series from DC this month unless you want yet another three apart origin of Superman....it's a no from me.

SILVER SURFER BLACK #1 (OF 5)

There's a new Silver Surfer five issue mini series from Marvel which continues from Guardians of the Galaxy #1 apparently so I thought I'd jump on board especially since I'm avoiding the overblown War of the Realms crossover. Just too many comics to pick up.

I'll stick to the Conan titles, Guardians and the FF thanks.

RED SONJA BIRTH OF SHE DEVIL #1 CVR A PARRILLO

More Red Sonja from Dynamite. I'm not sure from the blurb whether this is a one-shot or mini series. Guess we'll find out next month. This is a tale from Sonja's early days. In addition to Red's regular series don't forget she's also popped up in Riverdale with Vampirella for adventure and larks with Betty & Veronica!

FLEETWAY PICTURE LIBRARY SC JET ACE LOGAN

There's also a collected edition of fifties and sixties adventures from Jet-Ace Logan from British publishers Book Palace. I have already pre-ordered this book directly from the publishers which is due in May.

Other than that nothing else caught my interest this month, but we all have different tastes and budgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment