Wednesday 1 May 2019

Previews Picks May 2019

PREVIEWS #370 JULY 2019

I've been a bit erratic with posts over the last month, in part because I have developed a backlog of reading material and have had a lot of other things to to do. However with a couple of new posts at the end of April looking at some new release I thought I'd kick off May with the usual look and recommendations from the latest issue of Previews, the comic shop's catalogue.

JIMMY OLSEN #1 (OF 12) LOIS LANE #1 (OF 12)

Only two new titles grabbed my attention in DC Previews, the two 12 issue Maxi series featuring Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane. I used to read Jimmy Olsen, Superman's Best Pal back in the sixties always a wacky comic this one will probably be on my pull list.

Lois Lane however always struck me as a girls comic though in this modern era such things should not concern me. I have more than few sixties and seventies Lois Lane comics in my collection but budget constraints may prevent me from collecting this one. The Jury is still out.

HISTORY OF MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 (OF 6) DEATHS HEAD #1 (OF 4)

Marvel is beginning to produce more comics of interest for me these days despite my refusal to buy their huge costly crossovers (another of which starts this month) but History Of The Marvel Universe by Mark Waid and A Death's Head mini caught my attention and will be ordered. The latter being a creation of the now defunct Marvel UK line from the nineties which I never got around to reading as I dropped out the hobby during that period,

INVISIBLE WOMAN #1 (OF 5)

Also on the borderline for ordering is an Invisible Woman mini. It promises we'll never see Sue Storm the same again. Don't they all?

 BLACK HAMMER JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 (OF 5) CVR A WALSH

It's been a while since I've picked up anything from Dark Horse, but I like wacky or weird crossovers so this Black Hammer/Justice League team up looks fascinating. I have no idea who Black Hammer are never paid any attention to their comics but this certainly will be one to get.

 VAMPIRELLA #1 CVR A CHO
A new Vampirella series launches on the 50th Anniversary of the first Vampi comic from Warren back in July 1969. I'm a big fan and also grabbing the Vampi/RedSonja/Betty & Veronica mini also out from Dynamite. Lets hope this one is a big hit, there's a ton of covers to choose from. One will do for me but there are those out there....

LINSNER VAMPIRELLA 50TH ANN PREMIUM ENAMEL PIN   GONZALEZ VAMPIRELLA 50TH ANN PREMIUM ENAMEL PIN


Oh did I mention there's a choice of badges, I'll have one of those please!

RED SONJA LORD OF FOOLS ONE SHOT

Talking of Red Sonja, Dynamite have added this one shot to add to what seem to be two on-going series. Careful guys, you have a habit of over-using the characters you publish! Still it's it's on this fools fan's pull list...

Oh and guess who's back in Archie.....

ARCHIE VS PREDATOR 2 #1 (OF 5) CVR A HACK

I read the first one so a sequel is more than welcome..unless you happen to live in Riverdale these days. I love the way Archie are giving new life to these iconic American teenagers! Check out there other titles and Trades.

Alter Ego 160 - Click Image to Close

Tomorrows Publishing are bringing out a special issue of Alter Ego fanzine dedicated to the late Steve Ditko. I've been a fan of his since I was old enough to read.  On my list.

[Creeps #20 (Product Image)]

Annoyingly Previews had no image of the Halloween issue of Creeps so I erm borrowed this one from The Forbidden Planet. A bit early I thought but the cover date is October, but in the Warren tradition of comics it's a comic well worth reading.

That's it for this month's Previews. I'm sure you'll have different wants or a bigger budget. Just go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment