Tuesday 6 October 2020

Zarjaz: The 2000AD Fanzine #37

 
















Although published back in July I've only just got my copy of the latest issue of the rather good 2000AD fanzine Zarjaz. My bad, I must keep an eye out new issues as I rather like this little publication which had a whole swathe of readable stories starting off with Judge Dredd in Great Escapes by Kev Hopgood and the ever excellent artist Dave Broughton. The trick is to get more than planning permission guys!

In total there are nine stories several set in in Mega City One with the Judges on-call including an appearance by those awful twins in Children of the Apocalypse by Robomonkey. But actually my favourites were Lulu Romanov: Iron & the Maiden By  Santiago  Mayaud & David Thomson                    and Robo-Hunter - Game for a Bath by David Fenn & Gail Nedry.

There's also an appearance of Slaine by Alan Holloway & Ed Doyle a character I miss from the main prog though I gather there may be an adventure upcoming. Not before time.

The issue ends with a warning about camping in Mega City One and almost shows a soft side to Dredd in Monsters by Micahel Crouch& Jim Lavery.

Rating: 4 Stars A solid read.

Available from: www.futurequake.co.uk

Support British Comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment