Sunday 18 July 2021

Judge Dredd Megazine #434 (Plus the latest Prog!)


 






















Having got behind with my reading over the last few days i decided to sit in the shade and catch up with the latest Megazine and Prog from Rebellion that dropped through my letter box yesterday along with a couple of other items I'll be reviewing in due course.

The Meg has a great cover and as a subscriber my copy comes with a print which will find a home somewhere o a wall in the flat! Oh and the story that goes with it is a good one. Set inn the Texas badlands with a wonderful take on the old wild west this story sees out favourite Angel kidnapped ad the chase is on! 

The time travelling story (of sorts) Project Providence continues in Judge Dredd and things are heating up as the Japanese Judges are not happy with their discoveries.  Of less interest is Diamond Dogs which hasn't really struck any chords with me yet. Hopefully this will either get better or not last that long. 

I feel a bit the same about The Returners which doesn't interest me much either. Fortunately the Meg has an explosive end as the ever excellent Evelyn Waugh confronts the actual Devil and doesn't like the redecoration of his pad much. Also where has that football team gone?

There's a couple of features including news of a major environmental comic which is being produced. It's attracted a lot of good creators but I'm weary of political comics even one as worthy as this. Depending on it's cost (as my budget is ow severely limited) I may give it a try.























I have to say the latest issue of 2000AD was worth a read. The new Judge Dredd Story is a good if messy read (I find the presentation a little off putting, not sure why) and Department K continues to fascinate as does Skip Tracer. He's a father now if you have't been keeping up.











There's the return of Sinister less Dexter for now it would seem. I find these stories a bit hit and miss myself but I'll keep a ope mid as the story progresses. Finally we see the next instalment of Aquila. There was a request for a body part payment that made me cross my legs for a minute but...

Rating: Judge Dredd Megazine 3.5 Stars, 2000AD: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment