Thursday 15 July 2021

Marvel Select: Black Widow Deadly Origin (Panini)


 






















When I went into WHSmith's this afternoon they had already sold out of this Marvel Select edition which isn't surprising given there is a movie of the Black Widow out. However my local Sainsbury's had a pile of copies so if you're having difficulties in grabbing this volume do try your local supermarkets!

That said I ever thought I would ever be that interested in picking up a whole volume of Black Widow as my memory of the character from pre-Marvel Cinematic times was of a secondary character who went from villain and spy to Avenger shagging Tony Stark, Daredevil and Hawkeye along the way. Which is fine by me. She's a strong woman character who deserves an outing in the Marvel Universe.




Of particular interest to me was the four chapter origin story which I only partially knew and was I guess retro-engineered to tie into the appearance of the Winter Soldier amongst other things. This story which goes back to the late twenties explains so much ad gives a good political and practical introduction to Natasha's world.















Also in this volume are stories highlighting her earlier appearances in the Marvel Universe including her first form Tales Of Suspense #52 in an Iron Man Story plus early appearances in Amazing Spider-Man #86 and Avengers #111, the latter being the only one I'd read before.
























Rating: 5 Stars

Available from:www.panini.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment