Monday 2 August 2021

The Avengers: The Final Host (TPB) (Marvel)


 






















It's not so long ago since I wrote about my misgivings over the Celestials being integrated in the mainstream Marvel Universe but it worked and the saga of Earth's fate ended in the legendary Thor #300 one of the best single issue comics ever published.

Or so we thought...

The Avengers contains back pedalling on so much of established Marvel History I ended up just running with it. The First Avengers at the dawn of time before humanity leaves a lot to be desired as does much of the story-line in this story which sees "dead" Celestials falling from the skies as yet another Final Host arrives and this time they are not alone.....


As I've confessed to regularly on this blog of late I am well out of touch with the latest goings on in the Marvel Universe and didn't know the Avengers were "no more" again...

Of course this event brings them all back together. Who would have guessed and Thor is ot above berating his All-Father Odin for keeping secrets (and there's a big hint that there are more sins of the so-called "gods" to be revealed...hope they are a bit more consistent with the Marvel Universe than this one is.

I suppose this might appeal more to newer readers than old bitter fanboys like me who hate too much revision but it isn't all bad despite the annoying premise. Certainly I'll be picking up more Avengers trades in this series as the writing and art are good.
























Not sure I like what happened to the She-Hulk though. As for her affair with Thor..... And since when was Avengers HQ in the head of dead Celestial? Could a regular Marvel reader enlighten me?

Rating 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment