Wednesday 25 August 2021

The Milford Green Saga (Oversized Hardback Edition) (Signal Comics)

 























This was a comic I actually came across by accident when I saw it advertised on-line about a while back. I ordered the first issue but they sent me the third so although I had a quick flick I didn't read. For one reason or another I forgot to query my order so when I saw this oversized collected edition being promoted on Kickstarter I jumped at the chance as I was already intrigued and the edition I had showed promise so ordered a copy.

The Milford Green Saga is a wonderfully illustrated all-ages science fiction story set in Victorian times. It begins  the tale of a local bully and a young lad who watches his love from afar getting beaten.  Alfie is a good lad and has a brain if no brawn. But everything changes with the arrival of a spaceship in "England's prettiest village".
























This isn't a rehash of War Of The Worlds far from it. Other than aliens being in rural England the similarity ends. These aliens are fighting each other over some precious object. The adventure begins.

Our hero retreats to a castle where with the father of Mary his girlfriend to be Alfie makes a stand....

Not wanting to publish too many spoilers all I can say is this story is a treat as the two Victorian youngsters head into outer space and return with dire news for her majesty. If you want to see Queen Victoria in space then this is the book for you.
























This book is well worth every penny of entry to read the adventure penned by Samuel George London with matching art from Mikael Hankonen. 

Rating: 5 Stars Plus (A Must buy for every comic fan)

Website: signalcomics.com





No comments:

Post a Comment