Saturday 18 February 2017

TV Comic #691 (1965)



TV based comics were all the rage in the sixties and one of the earliest I recall getting frm time to time was TV Comic which amongst other features had a Doctor Who strip. I only recall seeing Patrick Troughton in TV Comics pages but this one from March 1965 shows William Hartnell the first Doctor whose adventures I followed avidly from the beginning.

Other stories included an adaptation of Space Patrol, a puppet science fiction show which was similar to, but not from Gerry Anderson. Also included were The Telegoons, a puppet adaptation of the famous radio show with Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan and Harry Secombe.

Then there was Dickie Henderson who me mum always liked which is probably why I recall his shows.

Still rather than just blather on, I thought this was an opportunity to see some clips from these programmes.

First off a compilation of William Hartnell's rather grumpy original Doctor Who....



The excellent childrens show Space Patrol.



Bizarre humour from the TV version of the Goons



And finally a short clip with Dickie Henderson....



Classic days of television.

No comments:

Post a Comment