Saturday 5 December 2020

Plainer Jane #1 (Broken Face Comics)


 




















Plainer Jane #1 (Broken Face)

David Wiburn (w) Wayne Lowden (a) Raif Singh (c)

I came across this on Kickstarter by accident and decided to give it a go and when my copy arrived in the post yesterday I was suitably impressed. A professional package that comes in a bag with a couple of stickers (that I'll put up when the missus isn't looking) and a highly readable comic which was the point after all.

With an inviting glossy cover by Raif Singh I dived into the world of crime as promised with a character that was far too easy to relate to for my liking. Someone that goes unnoticed but with a violent streak that comes out in her childhood (more of that to come I'm sure) Jane is a killer with a difference. She's that girl next door with the normal parents, normal life and nothing out of the ordinary.




















Didn't your mother warn you to be careful of the quiet ones or was that my father. Damned if I can remember but then I'm (almost) a big softy so killing things is something I've left to other people like most of us do. "The army kills for money" muses one of her friends (think a British version of Cordelia) which seems to reverberate with our very plain Jane.

Except there's nothing very ordinary about Jane at all.

This is a professionally written story with stylised art that will leave you wanting more.

Rating: 5 Stars (Highly recommended)

Available from: www.brokenfacecomics.com






No comments:

Post a Comment