Friday 5 November 2021

Batman: Guardian of the Night #7 (Panini)

 























My trip to WHSmiths was unsuccessful for the second week running. I have already had to order the latest issue of Marvel Universe: X-Men by post (which arrived this morning) but was unable to pick up The Amazing Spider-Man due out yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive next week. All down to distribution problems being experienced in a lot of places.

As a result I chose to pick up the latest issue of their sole DC title Batman: Guardian Of the Night which has reached it's seventh edition. I had avoided this until now as the second feature was Batman: Universe which I purchased as a hardback collected edition during the lock-down. A worth while story if you haven't read it. 

That's now finished and the second feature is a reprint of Batman/Superman #7 featuring Ras-al-Ghul, Zod and the dead citizens of Kandor. Not having kept up with regualr DC comics I wasn't aware that Kandor had been wiped out. I have to say this looks like it might be a promising story so I'll stick with it.
























Of course there was a problem with the main Batman feature for a first time reader as this is you might have guessed part seven of Dark Designs. It's not too difficult to pick upon at least part of the plot and since it features an entirely new villain I'll be back for the next issue. The comic also introduces the Joker's new beau Punchline who I had already come across in one of the Batman collected editions I purchased not to long ago. 
























A but sad that Panini only publishes one DC comic. I'd like a Justice League comic but I guess given the fact Titan gave up the DC licence shows the market is not yet there more's the pity. Still they haven't published an Avengers comic either so one day....

Rating 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment