Monday 10 January 2022

Comics: The Year Ahead

 























Last year was a bumper year for British comics even though as I wrote in the end of year review that it was disappointing to see Panini drop two of it's three Marvel titles. However the new year shows there's a lot afoot in the world of the British comics scene (imports aside).

Rebellion are continuing their expansion of old British reprints of which one or two have caught my attention including the fourth volume of The Trigan Empire, arguably the best British comics series alongside Dan Dare though sadly without the same public profile.








 








The other reprints which really caught my attention were The Spider (February) which reprints for the first time the Super Picture Library stories that I never got around to buying as a kid,  House of Dolmann from the pages of the Valiant (April) The Best of Cat Girl from Sally in the sixties (August) and volume Two of The Steel Claw one of the best strips from Valiant!


























Rebellion have previously announced the return of Monster Fun in April but are now to also publish a New Battle/Action Special in the form of a 96 page graphic novel with all stories written by Gartgh Ennis which frankly will certainly be on my wish list for the coming year!

























No doubt other specials will be forthcoming from Rebellion. There's one on the way from Shift in late January!

























As for this blog last year saw more posts and a few more readers though I'm already slipping back this year due to the fact my comic collecting and reading habits have changed radically. I have no less than nine graphic novels including one British comics collection sitting waiting to be read plus two Annuals and a  a Science fiction novel of some 900 odd pages that I meant to read over Christmas but didn't.

There's even come audio adventures to listen to and review including for the first time some old ones as I though I review old comics why not audios?

I have a couple of US editions on order but will likely purchase most in the form of collected editions as & when I can afford to. Watch this space! Conan the Barbarian, Justice League Incarnate and Wonder Woman are very much on my "radar"!

























Posts may be a little erratic if I stick to trades & collected editions so I will pick up a back issue or two to try and keep the flow going. I'll also cover 2000AD & the Judge Dredd Megazine as appropriate since I'm a subscriber. Plus I may well do a couple of themed weeks as these proved successful last year.

Please hit the "subscribe" button or just check in occasionally to check out the wonderful world of comics ....and some other stuff!

Happy collecting!







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this info Howie, the new House of Dollman and the Steel Claw books will be in my wants list as will the Monster Fun. comic. I have never seen Cat Girl, looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete