Sunday 9 January 2022

The Amazing Spider-Man #11/Marvel Universe: X-Men #10 plus Morbius The Living Vampire (Panini)


 






















The Amazing Spider-Man is the only one of three Panini  Marvel titles that is set to continue in the New Year, a shame as these brought me back to the world of Marvel comics, The latest issue introduces me to charcters I have little knowledge of (Spider-Man 2099 & Teresa Parker) in a story that brings together many elements of Marvel's shared universe.


Doctor Doom is at the centre of this new adventure along with other rogue elements including the Hitman as the future Spidey arrives to save the future which is under threat from a quite obvious development around Peter Parker and his associates.

How this all ties up remains to be seen as Teresa comes and goes without much of as thank you. Not sure where she came from and will have to explore her "origin" at some stage. I always thought Peter was a lone orphan. I'm also quite interested in Spidey 2099. I've only read one partial story in a British reprint so he's all new to me!

Given the popularity of the new Spider-Man movie I'm sure this will help solidify the comics sales (at least I hope so) as sadly I also just finished reading the last Marvel Universe: X-Men which even started to show the New Mutants in an interesting light. Sadly some of them are for the foreseeable future lost in space.
















The oversized final issue is good value reprinting four New Mutants and two X-Force US editions which also tie up and show the Beast isn't perfect.  I really do hope Panini find another way of bringing the X-Men back to British news agents.  It's been a great ride for me and I've read a whole pile of Marvel trades as a result of these series.

Still at least we are going to get a "bookazine" every month. Panini's latest release ties in with yet another forthcoming MCU film. Released on 13th Jan!




No comments:

Post a Comment