Saturday 1 August 2020

TechnoFreak #3 (Sunday Lunch Comics)




TechnoFreak #3 (Sunday Lunch Comics)

John Charles/Barry May (w) Tom Newell (a)

At long last the third instalment of the excellent TechnoFreak independent comic arrived yesterday and was at the top of the pile as I relaxed on Saturday afternoon. I had intended to review the second issue some time back especially since it was set in my home town of Dorking but for one reason and another did not get around to doing so. My bad. 

So to make amends to the guys at Sunday Lunch Comics I thought I'd make sure their latest got read and reviewed in good time. As usual the story is narrated by the hard drinking Maurice the cat a robot of sorts though I'm sure there's more to him than the writers let on. One day we'll see.

The story opens with a recap of a fight in TechnoFreak #1 in which our heroes killed Yuri Samakoto. Now how was anyone to know he had a very psychotic sister and why does a kidnapping and threat have to happen on Karoke night. What a bummer even if the victim was a clone.

Now the writers have said no spoilers please in the covering letter sent out with my copy so that's all you are going to hear from me folks except a recommendation. Buy this book and grab the back issues while you can. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Copies available from: www.sundaylunchcomics.com  

TF1Cover.jpg tf issue2 COVER flat for website.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment