Tuesday 12 October 2021

Bomb Scares #3 (Time Bomb Comics)

 























This is the first issue of Bomb Scares I've picked up from this small publisher though I have a couple of their other titles including Brawler. Just published after a Kickstarter appeal this arrived a couple of days back and I've just got around to reading this anthology of horror stories.

Lie most independent comics attempting this genre the results are mixed in both terms of stories and art. I was a little disappointed with the opening story The Book Of Daniel which despite good art and lettering went absolutely nowhere. Fortunately the next two features picked up the pace.

Gary Crutchley's Explorer and the Pig was an amusing if disturbing little short. This was followed by the much longer and quite well thought out by Christine Logan with nice art by by Denis Vermesse.

There are a total of 15 stories in this volume and rather than go through them all individually I thought I'd pick up on some of the highlights. One of the best was Jaws of Life, Jaws Of Death. Great art and story telling by Gary T Becks. 10/10 for that short. I also rather liked Tattoo which whilst probably not original in concept was well executed and retained this readers interest.

Other than Home is the sea also by Gary Crutchley with art from Brett Burbridge was also a solid old mystery tale. However I have to be honest the rest of the material did not appeal but to each his own. I certainly liked their Brawler series.

Rating: 3 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment