Wednesday 6 October 2021

Marvel Universe: X-Men #7 (Panini)

 























With delays in deliveries I had to mail order the latest issue of Panini's graphic novel sized X-Men comic and I have to say although a wee bit pricey they were highly efficient. Ordered Saturday. Arrived Tuesday. No complaints there. Also although I was surprised to see no actual X-Men strip the content was up to the usual stand.

The sixth and final part of the Excalibur saga opened and was a satisfying conclusion (of sorts) to this British orientated adventure with no less than Captain Britain. No spoilers but not everything is resolved and whatever Apocalypse is really up to remains to be seen. But we'll have to wait as sadly (or not) X Force replaces Excalibur in the next issue.

The Marauders are introduced through three US reprints of the series. Captain Kitty Pride with a dragon on her shoulder. Ooh Arr! Much more entertaining than I expected and rather enjoyed it though with so much actual X-Men to catch up with I hope it runs for just a limited time like Excalibur.



























That's the problem with the X-Men. Far too many titles which is why until this came along I'd all but given up on the genre. However at eight quid a pop this will probably have to remain a singular title in the UK.

Meanwhile I was more than disappointed to see the contents of the next issue of Marvel Essentials. Venom has lost his solo strip though appears in Secret Avengers a rather odd choice given the limited number of Panini titles. Worse still was the introduction of Solo Carnage another bloody drooling symbiote in whom I have no interest whatsoever.

Who makes these decisions. I'd like a word in their shell like...

I want The real Avengers, Hulk, Captain America, Thor or even Doctor Strange. But enough of the symbiotes already.

Rating: 5 Stars (Recommended)

1 comment:

  1. Re Marvel Essentials, I agree with you totally. Having read the first 5 issues, I’ve found nothing of interest in any of the stories so far. I’m not a fan of the ‘big events’ which I find much too convoluted, and would prefer they reprint a range of individual titles as you mentioned above. I have the title on subscription and am probably going to cancel it soon.

    ReplyDelete