Monday 20 December 2021

Knockout Christmas Issue 1971 (IPC)

 























On a whim I decided to order a handful of old British comics to have a read and possibly review over Christmas. Knockout is one of the comics that came in my package and I chose to start with this Christmas issue for obvious reasons and because the contents were new to me. At least I think most of them they were...

Knockout had a fairly short run from June 1971 until June 1973 when it was "merged" with the better selling Whizzer & Chips a comic I am more familiar with having started reading it from the beginning. There's some quite nice and old fashioned style strips including Pete's Pockets, Beat Your Neighbour, The Toffs and The Tuffs, Copy Kate and Joker























There's even an odd comedy-adventure strip about an alien. Barry & Boing. Don't ask, just run with the flow. One strip Fuss Pott seemed familiar but then the basic concept is probably not unique to this character.

Overall quite a nice little publication and though I might pick up an annual one of these days is not one that I personally would collect due to other priorities but it does have it's fans as I've discovered in various blogs and Facebook groups over the years. Good harmless childish fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment