Tuesday 26 February 2019

Batman #186 (DC/1966)



Batman #186 (DC)

No credits (w) & (a)

Every so often I come a cross a comic I had as a child. This was one of them. My original copy had loose covers so this is in better nick than I had it back in the day. Like a lot of people I lost my early comics for one reason or another, but that's the joy of collecting as an adult, finding that thing, that comic which brings back the memories.

I would have been at Junior School when this came out (I recall the teacher calling me a nuisance for bringing in comics). This was a simpler time and of course there was the Batman TV show so th comics were abit erm...silly sometimes. This issue where the Joker brings along a side-kick is pretty sad stuff in retrospect.

Gaggy as he is called is just plain creepy with his obsessions to please the Joker and do in the by wonder. He even tries to unmask Dick Grayson as if that bloody silly little mask ever hid his identity anyway.

Still the Jokers out to steal models and is successful until our Batman stops him.

In the second feature we see Commissioner Gordon kidnapped by a villain who had promised revenge when set to jail some years ago. Batman and Robin to the rescue.

I didn't remember the second story at all.....unsurprisingly bit too generic. Sometimes old comics are not as good as you thought they were. Still a memory it is. Not sure if "Gaggy" ever appeared again or disappeared into that limbo of characters writers want to forget about

No comments:

Post a Comment