Wednesday 16 October 2019

Inferior 5 #1 (DC)



Inferior 5 #1 (DC)

Keith Kiffen (w) & (a) Jeff Lemire (w)

The title of this comic attracted me only because having grown up in the sixties I was familiar with a comic of the same name so thinking there might be a connection......

I picked this issue up out of a large pile of unread comics this afternoon and was surprised at it's content. I quite like Keith Giffen's work and the idea of a retro type story set after the Invasion Crossover way back when does appeal. As for what's going on. Haven't a clue. there's some masked kid who seems to make people disappear and leave "x"'s all over th shop. On and he, Billy seems to be well a bit insane.



There is also a back-up feature with the Peace-Maker one of the more lame Charlton heroes that DC hoovered up pre-Watchmen. He's headed off on a mission which involves going to Siberia watching out for hidden Dominator bases and looking for a secret weapon. What does he find? What is the connection?

 

Haven't a clue but then the original Inferior Five didn't usually make sense either. I last saw Merryman in the land of forgotten heroes during Final Crisis. Final don't make me laugh.

Worth picking up though. I have the second issue somewhere I'll have to dig it up.

4 Stars: Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment