Tuesday 15 October 2019

The Thing #36 (Marvel/1986)



The Thing #36 (Marvel)

Mike Carlin (w) Paul Neary/Sam Delarosa (a)

Picking up a back issue at random is a habit of mine, just ask the guys at 30th Century comics! Sometimes it's the cover, sometimes the story or artist. Mostly it really is a spot decision to pick up a comic and this was no exception. It's taken me a while to get around to reading this but this issue turns out to be the last of The Things first "solo" series.

Starring the ever-lovin' Benjamin Grimm, this story revolves around some wrestling saga with which I am not at all familiar and guest stars the She-Hulk and a Ms Marvel but not one I'm familiar with. In fact this ones a glorified wrestler herself from the look of it and premiered in the previous issue.



There's the inevitable good guys punch up or in this case good gals as She Hulk and Ms Marvel slug it out whilst Ben lies ill in hospital. This story does not end well with Ben buggering off into the sunset but true believers not only do we know he got better and returned to the Fantastic Four where he fights on today but this particular saga has an epilogue in West Coast Avengers #10.

I've never read a copy of West Coasts Avengers (so sue me already) and may or may not bother with that issue either even if I can find it.

No idea what happened to this "Ms Marvel" but Carol Danvers will always be my Ms Marvel anyhows!

1 comment:

  1. ...whenever i think of The Thing i always recall The Yancy Street Gang ...showing my age now!

    ReplyDelete