Wednesday 23 October 2019

Space Precinct #1 (Anderson Entertainment)







































Space Precinct #1 (Anderson Entertainment)

Chris Thompson (w) Connor Flannagan (a)

Gerry Anderson made a number of great shows using both puppets and later on with live actors and special effect. Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Space 1999 are all well known hits. Not all shows were successful and a couple sort of disappeared below everyone's radar myself included. Anyone remember The Secret Service? Nope me neither.

There was one show that I vaguely remember but wasn't a fan of at the time called Space Precinct. However the older I get the more I explore the past of TV as I watch so little of it these days. Mostly cookery, Doctor Who and at the moment Bless This House on Forces TV if the missus will let me......

On a whim I ordered a copy of a Space Precinct comic from the Gerry Anderson Shop on-line. It's set ten years before the TV series and is what I remember the show as. A bit of a mess. The story is average and the art well "could do better" comes to mind.  Awful. As for the lettering, don't ask. It has rekindled an interest but I wouldn't rush out and buy this comic.

Rating: 0 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment