Tuesday 25 May 2021

Havoc #6 (Marvel UK/1991)

 























Every so often I come a cross a comic that I have not heard of especially from the nineties when I had given up on the hobby. One of these is Havoc a short lived Marvel UK title that ran for just 9 weekly issues from July to September in 1991.

Havoc contained five strips and was supposedly aimed at an older audience. The characters featured were Deathlok, Robocop, Ghost Rider , Starslammers and Conan the Barbarian. Of these I have to say the Conan reprint from the monthly all-ages version seemed somewhat out of place with the more gritty stylised content of the other stories.









 














Given Havoc was aimed at older readers I'm surprised they didn't use Savage Sword of Conan stories albeit these were originally in black & white whilst Havoc was full colour but such speculation is pointless given this was all so long ago and the comic failed after just nine issues.

I'm not sure running Deathlok and Robocop inthe same title was a good idea given how similar the characters were only the settings differed. Ghost Rider came as surprise given Johnny Blaze was nowhere to be seen and the role had been taken over by Danny Ketch who I understand was the protagonist for most of the decade.

Not one of Marvel's more memorable forays into the UK market-place.  





No comments:

Post a Comment