Friday 8 March 2019

Giggle (Fleetway/1967)



One of the comics that I missed in the sixties was Giggle published by Fleetway. It was a bit of an oddity since the material was all reprints from European comics and little to now new material as far as I know.  The only time I actually recall even the name was because after just 42 issues it was merged with Buster in early 1968, one of my favourites.



I can't say that the content is particularly memorable either. Mostly humour stories except for The Space Travellers, a science fiction story that had some hope from the little I saw.  The rest of the content is not particularly memorable and I'm frankly surprised it lasted even as long as it did given much better comics lasted for shorter runs.

Nothing from Giggle seems to have survived the "merger" at least I can't see anything in the copies I have which are a bit later down the line but the merger of comics was just a way of bringing readers of one failing comic to another. I always dreaded those headlines "Good News Inside", because that's the opposite of what I wanted.


Image :lewstringer.blogspot.com

For me a curiosty only and one I would not collect. There's much better old British humour comics out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment