Friday 11 June 2021

Vampirella 1992 (Dynamite)


 






















Since my local comic shop stopped trading in new comics I've changed the way I collect comics and because of reduced finances had to drastically reduce the number of comics I buy. This month I ordered just six plus one trade via the Forbidden Planet's mail order service.  So the arrival of new comics is quite infrequent and for the most part (there are exceptions) I choose one-shots or specials. 

Being a fan of Vampirella and unable to collect the various on-going series I thought I'd treat myself to a one shot. It's an extra length comic but not too expensive. It features Vampirella hiding in a squalid housing and earning a living by role playing herself at comic conventions with a lesbian Red Sonja and a black woman playing Purgatori, all three Dynamite characters.





























Guess what, there's a demon in the background and a villain who is sent to cause mayhem at the Convention so eventually Vampi has to be herself. The rest you can guess. Oh and a terrible fate awaits her potential abusers back at the flat!

Not one of Vampirella's greatest appearances but an entertaining read and a return to the the "bad girl" comics of the nineties which won't be to everybody's tastes in this age of "woke"!

Rating: 3 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment