Thursday 21 February 2019

The Beezer Book 1970 (DC Thompson)



The Beezer was one of my favourite humour comics when I was younger equal to the Beano in my book, which is co-incidentally what they called their Annuals. The Beezer Book was a favourite at Christmas time, though Power Comics Wham! and Smash! were my highest asks as they put it these days!

Over the years I did get a selection of Beano, Dandy and Beezer Books plus a couple of one's from Topper which was lower on my wants list. I always seemed to get bloody Blue Peter Books. I didn't mind the programme but preferred proper comic annuals under the artificial Christmas tree we had in the sixties.

The Numbskulls were my favourite which is probably why I took so easily to Georgies Germs in Wham! and The Nervs in Smash! The little buggers are still going in The Beano last time I looked.

I have now managed to pick up two of the one's I had including the 1970 Book which is pictured above and prompted this post.

 Here's a Beezer Gallery for old times sake!

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment