Sunday 23 August 2015

Shiver & Shake Annual 1975



Part of the fun of comic collecting can sometimes be found in the sheer randomness of buying back issues. When it comes to British comics there are quite a few I am not familiar with, especially those published from the mid seventies onwards as this was when I left school and started making my way in the "adult" world. However part of me has remained childish (and why not!) so exploring these comics is still a joy as I head towards retirement.

Shiver and Shake is not a comic I have read before and picked up this 1975 Annual on a whim from my local comic shop and well worth the price of admission it was!

With old friends like Grimley fiendish, The Rottenest Crook in the World one of the old Power Comics creations from Smash! and Frankie Stein who seems to pop up all over the place in British comics, and this annual is a great read.

Horrornation Street, Ghouldilocks , The Dukes Spook and Sweeny Toddler are other amusing features to be found in this wonderful little tome.

Shiver and Shake itself was only a short lived title running from March 1973 to October 1974, merging with Whoppee! in that year. The Annuals however ran for 12 years between 1974 and 1985.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment